Monday, December 26, 2011
Thatta Payir Kuzhambu Recipe
Delicious Thatta Payir Kuzhambu
Thatta payir kuzhambu is a typical Tamil nadu dish. I got this recipe form my grandmother, who is a kitchen queen. Thatta payir kathirikai kulambu is my favorite recipe. Thatta payir recipes are not only tasty but healthy too. The nutrients present in Thatta payir is protein. The delicious gravy prepared by using gram is a good side dish for rice and dosai. If the gram is fresh you can use it as such or if it is dried soak for 3hours before use. Other delicious recipes prepared with cow pea are thatta payir curryand thatta payir red chori vadai.
Ingredients for Thatta Payir Kuzhambu Preparation
The ingredients needed for Thatta payir kulambu recipe are as follows.
How to Prepare Thatta Payir Kuzhambu (Thatta payir kulambu)
1. Take a cup of Thatta payir is also called Karamani, soak for an hour. It is fresh from the field, use as such.
2. Cut onion and chillies into small pieces. Chop the tomatoes and crush the garlic. Cut the Brinjal into lengthwise pieces.
3. Grind the grated coconut with fennel seeds like a fine paste.
4. Add a cup of water and cook Thatta payir in the pressure cooker for 2 whistles. Drain the water seperatly.
5. Take a pressure pan, heat oil and put mustard and cumin seeds, let it to splutter abd add the curry leaves.
6. Add the chopped onion, green chillies, crushed garlic and tomatoes one by one, sauté well and add asafetida.
7. Now add the Kathirikai (Brinjal) stir well by adding turmeric powder, sambar powder, malli powder and salt.
8. Then add the tamarind juice and cooked Thatta payir. Mix well and boil for 5 minutes by closing a lid.
9. Then add the ground coconut paste, add some water (Thatta payir pre cooked water)to adjust the consistency. Let it to boil for 5 minutes.
10. thatta payir kuzhambu recipe is ready to taste. Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves as per your wish.
11. Have thatta payir kuzhambu recipe with rice for you lunch. Take fried potato or papad as side dish.