Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Vendakkai puli kuzhambu recipe without Coconut Chettinad South Indian Preparation
Vendakkai puli kuzhambu Tamil Style
This is the Preparation of Vendakkai puli kuzhambu recipe without coconut Chettinad South Indian Kulambu. Puli kulambu is prepared as a side dish for rice. It is one of the tasty Tamil nadu kulambu varieties.
Ingredients required for Vendakkai puli kuzhambu South Indian style
Vendakkai Ladies finger – 250gm
Onion - ½ cup
Curry leaves - little
Garlic - 5 pal
Tomato chopped – 1
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder- 1 tsp
Tamarind Juice - 1/4 cup
Salt – as per Taste
Asafetida – little
Mustard – 1tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1tsp
Oil – as per taste
How to Prepare Vendakkai puli Kulambu
This is vendakkai puli kuzhambu recipe without coconut, this is very special in kuzhambu prepration.
1. Wash and cut Vendakkai in small circles, add little oil and fry in sim flame for 5 to 10 min.
2. Takea pan and add little more oil, sauté mustard, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, asafetida and garlic.
3. When garlic changed into golden brown, add onion and chopped tomatoes.
4. Then add the fried ladies finger, tamarind juice, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
5. Mix together and let to boil for some time, when it becomes gravy consistency, switch off the stove.
6. Chettinad vendakkai puli kuzhambu recipe is ready to taste, This is the best side dish for paruppu sadam and white rice.
7. vendakkai puli kulambu with coconut ( 1tsp poppy seeds + ¼ cup coconut =grind and make a paste)
Note: if you want to prepare vendakkai puli kuzhambu Tamil style with coconut add 3tsp coconut paste or ¼ cup coconut milk.