- Cut kathirikai into four divisions (one end cut, one end closed), put in water
- Grant the coconut and extract juice from tamarind. Chop onion in to pieces.
- Take a pan, pour oil and add chillies, cumin seeds, and onion fry in sim flame
- Switch off the stove and add coriander powder, poppy seeds and coconut in the hot pan.
- Then grind the fried masala ingredients nicely by adding required water.
- Stuff the ground kathirikai kuzhambu masala inside the brinjal (kathirikai)
- Mix the remaining masala with tamarind juice and keep aside.
- Take the frying pan, add oil, and put the sautéing ingredients like mustard, garlic and curry leaves.
- Then add the masala stuffed kathirikai (egg plant) fry for some time and add the masala mixed tamarind juice.
- Add salt, sugar and turmeric powder. Let it to boil for some time, when it reaches the gravy consistancey switch off the stove
- The very tasty Kathirikai Kuzhambu recipe is ready to taste. best combination for rice recipe.
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Kathirikai Kulambu Recipe in Tamil Style
Kathirikai Kulambu Recipe
Kathirikai Kulambu Recipe is the most commonly prepared south Indian Kuzhambu. Kathirikai with dal preparation is called samabr and Kathirikai with tamarind and masala is called Kathirikai puli Kuzhambu. The most common variety other than sambar is ennai kathirikai kulambu recipe and kathirikai arachuvitta kuzhambu.
Kathirikai Kulambu Recipe Ingredients
Tender Kathirikai (eggplant )- ¼ kg
Small onion - 200 gm
Coconut - half portion
Poppy seeds – 1tsp Spoon
Dry red chillies - 8
Garlic - 4
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - half tsp
Tamarind - large lemon sized
Curry leaves - little
Sugar - little
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Salt - as required
Oil - 4 tsp
How to prepare Kathirikai Kuzhambu