- Take a pan and add half tsp of oil, fry the red chillies. Remove it and keep it aside
- In the same oil fry the ¼ cup onion, anise, Poppy seeds, Cinnamon and curry leaves.
- Then remove the pan from heat, add pepper, coriander powder and coconut.
- Fry this in the same heat and keep aside, then add little more oil and fry the chopped tomatoes.
- Let it to cool and grind the Chettinad Tomato kuzhambu Recipe masala ingredients.
- Finally add the fried tomatoes for grinding (2 round is enough after adding tomatoes).
- Pour 1tsp of oil in a pan and fry mustard, curry leaves, onion and garlic .
- Now add ground masala tomato mix with the fried ingredients in the pan.
- Let it to boil for some time until the raw smell goes off. Chettinad Tomato kuzhambu is ready to taste.
- You can taste this Tomato kuzhambu for idli, dosa and even it tastes good with rice.
- Note: This is also called Chettinad Tomato curry (add more oil and prepare in gravy form)
- You can also prepare Tomato mor kuzhambu (Tomato more kuzhambu) in the same style of Chettinad mor kulambu but add more tomatoes.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Chettinad Tomato Kuzhambu Recipe | Prepare Easy Idli Side Dish
Chettinad Tomato Kuzhambu Recipe
Chettinad Tomato kuzhambu Recipe is the best side dish for Idli and dosa. It is very spicy and tasty. This recipe is in hotel taste and it is very easy to prepare at home. Chettinad Tomato kulambu is my favorite idli side dish and I am very happy to share this Tamil nadu recipe with you.
Chettinad Easy Tomato Kuzhambu Ingredients
Sambar Onion – 1 cup
Tomato - 4 (chopped)
Curry leaves – little
Red Chillies - 3
Anise - 1 tsp
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 2 small pieces
Cumin seed- 1 tsp
Pepper - 4 or 5
Coconut - 2 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Oil – little
How to prepare Tomato kuzhambu in Chettinadu style