- Chop and wash kathirikai in length wise direction and place In salted water to avoid blackening.
- Fry the kathirikai podi ingredients each separately in low heat by adding oil.
- Grid the fried kathirikai podi Ingredients into a nice paste,
- Take a pan add oil, sauté mustard and urad dal then add the chopped brinjal.
- Fry gently in medium or low flame until it becomes golden brown,
- Now add the ground masala paste, add salt, a cup of water and 5tsp of oil,
- Let to boil when the oil separates from gravy, remove and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Tasty kathirikai curry recipe is ready to taste
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Kathirikai curry Recipe for Biryani Chapathi and Rice
Kathirikai curry Recipe
Unknowing the taste of Brinjal Kathirikai people give least importance to brinjal even though it is the king of vegetables. Here is the recipe for Kathirikai curry for chapathi Rice and Biryani. There are no words to explain the taste when it is taken as a side dish with chapati Rice and Biryani. The combination of Kathirikai curry for chapathi is one of my favorite.
Ingredients Needed for Kathirikai curry Recipe
Brinjal(kathirikai) - 1/2 kg
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp broken
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - as required
Ingredients to make kathirikai podi (powder)
Whole urad dal - 1 table spoon
Tomato - 1
Green chillies - 5
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
Cashewnuts - 5
How to Prepare Kathirikai curry for Biryani recipe, Chapathi and Rice